This is a Guest Post.
If you would like to submit a guest post to profitblog.com, you may do so here.
Yahoo Site Explorer has been used as an effective method to check backlinks for six years, but with its demise comes the question of what online marketers are going to do to check their backlinks. Yes, there are some free tools available, but none of the free tools on the market are as extensive as Yahoo Site Explorer was, leaving no real free alternative as functional. The only way to be able to obtain tools for free and receive all of the functions Yahoo Site Explorer offered is to use more than one. This may be a suitable alternative to some, while others prefer to have all of their analytical functions in one package.
Fortunately, options that require a membership or software purchase are affordable. When an online marketer is able to effectively market a site, check for backlinks, and utilize the tools that Yahoo Site Explorer has provided for over half a decade, the income that is acquired makes the return on investment a positive one.
So what are the alternatives available now that Yahoo Site Explorer is not an option? Below is a list of some of the best programs I’ve come across on the web so far:
• Google Webmaster Tools – Good only if you’re the verified owner of the websites. You can check up to 1000 domains.
• Bing Webmaster Tools – Bing Webmaster Tools have more or less replaced Yahoo Site Explorer. The crawl details are rather extensive, has malware notifications, DNS verification, Integrated adCenter data, and URL normalization. More data is shared with site owners so that all of the necessary improvements can be made to backlinks and to other areas of a website.
• SEOmoz Open Site Explorer – SEOmoz has also been touted as a Yahoo Site Explorer replacement. The program is free for a specific number of features, but the full feature version is $99 per month. The Pro version gives users the ability to track ranking, track organic search performances, perform research for link building, and do a full keyword analysis.
• Majestic SEO – Majestic SEO also has free features that only allow for checking of one’s own sites, but there are three plans with each offering the ability to check competitor sites and each plan allowing for the checking of a certain number of backlinks. The Platinum Plan allows for 100,000,000 backlink reports. This is a highly recommended tool for its ability to check your own sites and those of your competitors.
• Ahrefs – For $49 per month, this comprehensive backlink tool also serves as an effective alternative to Yahoo Site Explorer. Compared to its competitors, its small database is more independent, yet very powerful because it refreshes in real time. The custom crawler is not affiliated with any search engines, so there are many possibilities. In addition, the program is free to try for a week.
These are some of the effective programs that are emerging as a result of Yahoo Site Explorer. Some have been available for a while and they are more obvious due to the spotlight being off of Yahoo Site Explorer. There are others that have been around for a while and they are now expanding their services to become full-service platforms that make managing website performance easier and more successful.